Pea Green Physio Ltd & Pea Green Rehab & Training Ltd
Your personal information is just that – personal, so we always treat it with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, and we will never share your personal details with a third party without your prior consent. We are committed to looking after your data and we will always put you first.
Third parties that we would potentially be requested to share your personal data with are:
- Authorised Healthcare providers e.g GP’s, consultants, radiologists, podiatrists.
- Your Health Insurance Provider.
- Your Medico-legal company and Solicitor.
- Your Personal Trainer(s)
- Your Class Instructor(s)
Personal data will not be provided to these, or any other 3rd party without your prior consent.
What information do we hold about you?
When you book in with us for treatment, we will add your name, date of birth, address, email and contact phone numbers to our ‘private practice software’ database which remains connected to your medical treatment notes, along with your future and historic treatment dates and health insurance details. We do not hold onto any payment or credit card details.
We are lawfully required to keep your medical records and treatment notes –paper based and/or electronic – for up to 7 years. Both electronic and paper based records are stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised Pea Green staff.
Paper based copies of patient records are maintained in lockable onsite filing cabinets, which are only accessible to authorised Pea Green staff.
Electronic records are securely held within our online private practice software, which is only accessible to authorised Pea Green staff.
We store all of this information for our own use only.
How do we use your information?
Your information allows us to send you appointment booking confirmations, notifications and reminders. It also allows us to inform you of therapists absence, information regarding disruption to our service or changes to the services we offer. Plus, if you opt-in to our mailing list, we will update you with news of any special offers, competitions, appointment availability and blogs.
If you already receive our marketing communications, we’ll continue to send you these unless you ask us to stop or unsubscribe. We hope you enjoy hearing from us just as much as we enjoy putting our updates together. We promise to never bombard you with too many communications.
Your rights regarding your personal data
If you receive an email-based marketing communications, you can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
You also have the right to:
- Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
- Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
- Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
- Lodge a complaint with the information commissioners office (ICO) in the UK – please see below for further information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us through our website. Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.