Director, Specialist MSk Physiotherapist, Yoga & Pilates Instructor
Steph is the inspiration, the passion and the driving force behind the Pea Green Physio but she is the first to admit that she could not have created such a home for healthy bodies and healing hands all on her own. The success of her business depended entirely on finding others who were highly qualified, but more importantly, who shared her belief that looking after people’s bodies also meant looking after people.
It was eight years working as a physio for the Ministry of Defence and twelve years travelling to major sporting events around the world with the GB Gymnastic Teams which convinced her that goal harmony and teamwork was the key to excellence. So when she settled in Bicester to set up her own business; that became the difference and is why Pea Green Physio is so loved in the town.
10 years on and Pea Green Physio has grown from strength to strength in Bicester, Steph has an amazing team of Managers Ben, Serena & Lauren looking after the Bicester branch.
Steph has now relocated to Cheltenham following the arrival of her Daughter Berry and is in the process of setting up sister clinic Pea Green Physio of Cheltenham … with a plan to open in February 2019!
As soon as you meet Steph you sense that you are in safe hands and by the time your first conversation has finished you will know that if anyone can solve your problem, she can. Not just because of her undoubted experience and world class expertise but because she instantly becomes as interested in finding a solution as you are. In some cases it is a struggle to stop her working on you there and then…
If you get to know her outside of the Pea Green environment, as many of her customers do, then you’ll soon realise that her love of health (plus the odd glass of wine) permeates all that she does. Her hobbies include lifting weights, yoga classes and the odd hot tub, getting out for a brisk walk around Pittville Park and spending time with Mat her partner and Berry … and anything else which involves friends and fun.
Steph was involved in the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics Medical team as a physio and Games Maker. Then in 2013 she was voted the most Inspirational Woman Business Owner at the Banbury Women in Business awards.
Her latest exploit has seen her take another long-time passion to a new level – Bodybuilding. In 2014 she entered the UKBFF (UK Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation) Bikini Category. This is a pursuit that Steph aims to continue in the coming years and she plans to bring home some trophies soon.
Steph was also one of the three Physio’s travelling to Orlando in May 2016 working for Prince Harry’s Invictus Games. As if that wasn’t enough, she was invited to take part in Bicester’s very own Strictly Come Dancing completion in 2016, she loved hitting the dance floor and claimed 3rd place prize!
- Start Up Company Winner, Bicester Business Awards, 2010
- 2nd Most Loved Business in Bicester, TheBestOf, 2011
- 2nd Most Loved Physio Clinic in the UK, TheBestOf, 2011
- Banbury Women in Business, Banbury Established Business Women Awards, 2011 (finalist)
- Inspirational Woman Business Owner at the Banbury Women in Business 2013 – Winner
As well as being one of the country’s most accomplished and qualified physiotherapists Steph is also the owner, manager and marketing director of the business, Steph is also a qualified Pilates Instructor and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Instructor. Her passion for being the best and simply being different is as unquenchable as her love of seeing customers’ delighted faces when they experience Pea Green. Some of her personal accreditations include:
- BSc Hons Physiotherapy 1998
- Diploma Orthopaedic Medicine 2000
- APPI Pilates Instructor 2003
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Instructor 200 2016
- Accredited Acupuncturist 2000
- Headache and Migraine physiotherapist (Dean Watson Level One and Two)
- Team UK Physio at Invictus Games, Orlando 2016
- Member of the Health Care Professions Council HCPC
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy MCSP
- Physio Expert on The Chrissy B Show on SKY TV (July 2013)
- Physio Expert on BBC Oxford Radio (throughout 2013)
- And over 50 post graduate Physio courses… far too many to mention!!!!! See her linkedin profile for more details.